Monday 4 May 2020

APRIL 24 to APRIL 27_YOUR SPEAKING PRACTICE_SUMMARY

As you know, I usually try to provide you with a summary of your speaking practice. I hope it has a positive effect on your progress.

Last week you considered the topic of Education

You also described a family member and your best friend.

You talked about different types of families and your upbringing as well.

You used a wide range of adjectives:

FRUSTRATED

FRUSTRATING

HEALTHY  LIFESTYLE

 UNHEALTHY 

ENTHUSIASTIC

KEEN

CREATIVE

BRILLIANT

TALENTED

PATIENT

CHARMING

ENCOURAGING

DISCIPLINED

RESPONSIBLE

KNOWLEDGEABLE

EXPERIENCED

LOYAL

DISLOYAL

STUBBORN

CLOSE-MINDED
NARROW-MINDED 

OPEN-MINDED
BROAD-MINDED

SMART

CLEVER

HELPFUL

SENSITIVE

SENSIBLE

POLITE
IMPOLITE

MODEST
ARROGANT

EASY TO TALK TO

EASY-GOING
SOCIABLE
FRIENDLY
FLEXIBLE

 STRICT

COLD
DISTANT

COMPETITIVE

HONEST
DISHONEST

 

 In your interaction you managed to use some functional language:

You look/seem/sound...
Do you know what?
You must be joking
That can´'t be true.
Seriously?
Really?
What a shame!
How exciting/How boring! How interesting!!
What a good idea!
What a nice teacher!


You practised using USED TO.
I used to live in Australia, but now I live in Spain. 
I used to go clubbing, but now I don´t do it any more.


You tried to make a few comparisons.


 You talked about RULES:

My teacher made me...
He didn´t let me...
I was not allowed to...
I had to...
He didn´t allow me to...


You all tried to organise your ideas before doing your monologue and your interaction, which is very useful.


I hope this helps.






No comments:

Post a Comment